topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: having trouble with undo  (Read 4092 times)

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
having trouble with undo
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Running Captor 3.08.01.

I did crop and then tried to add an arrow.  It didn't come out right, so I did ctl z (undo).  The thing that got undone was the crop.  How do I undo the arrow?

Alternatively, how do I delete the arrow object?

Or, how do I discard all my changes?  (I don't mind re-cropping if I have to.)

I tried selecting the original file from the panel of thumbnails of screenshot files, over on the left, but that just opens the file with irfanview.

By the way, about the crop tool: First I selected the part of the image I wanted to keep, then hit the crop icon.  The crop occurred, but I got an error message telling me to select a region before cropping.  What bothers me most about that is the "bing" noise.  (For now, I muted my sound.)

Thank you!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: having trouble with undo
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36 AM »
Hi aparante.

Download the new beta from here, it has better undo support for objects and more bugfixes.

You can discard all changes from "File -> Discard changes since last file save" menu.

I'm not sure I understand what happened with crop.. I wonder if you aren't using Double-Clicks of the mouse when you should be using single clicks? It kind of sounds that way from your descriptions.

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Thanks for responding, mouser.  I will try the beta.  Turns out my mouse problems had nothing to do with the captor.  When I switched from the optical mouse (which was behaving in some slightly different funny ways with some other software) to the corded mouse, the crop worked as expected.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 02:57 PM »
I dropped SSC largely because Ctrl+Z Undo didn't work for me after adding something to a screenshot, so hope the beta will fix it.

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18 AM »
So far I don't see a huge difference in Undo with the Beta, but my skills have improved.  The key seems to be "object select mode," which is a toggle.  When you're in select mode, you can select an arrow, circle, whatever, and kill it with the delete key.  I'm working on remembering to toggle out of select mode.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:31 PM »
Object select mode might be why I couldn't get it to work.  But as I've said before I find SSC complex, perhaps too much so for my casual use.

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27 PM »
If you want a simple free screenshot utility, I hope our host doesn't mind if I recommend jet screenshot.  I bet after you've used that for awhile, you'll start to hanker for some of the additional features of the Captor.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 03:20 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion!  I actually have WinSnap, which would be nice for a simple lightweight app but won't save snaps on my PC, and Hypersnap 6, which works well.