ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual registry

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
Just to note: a reply came in as I was typing the following. I *think* it will still be useful for the OP. Hope so!

sandboxie (now, as opposed to version 2.64 and earlier) faithfully replicates your folder structure so any programs you install should go into their default install locations within the sandbox. Thus, program xyz which installs into your Program Files directory by default should go into: c:\documents and settings\username here\application data\sandboxie\default box\drives\c:\program files\xyz. You can access the program via your sandboxie systray icon. You can define different sandboxes as well, which is useful because often you want to be able to delete a sandbox associated with, say, surfing the net, but don't want to delete all of your sandboxed program installations as well. This is very useful for test flying software that you want to try before making a committment. Anyway, I suspect that I'm missing the point... Don't worry, happens to me all the time...

nite_monkey:
I am using sandboxie 2.64, and it does all of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version