ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (8/33) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Asides from the colour, and the steering wheel being on the other side, this is the new baby in the family.
 Will get some photos when it gets light.
-Stephen66515 (February 26, 2013, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a pretty damned sexy car.  I really like the contours.  Bet it runs like a raped ape too....
-Tinman57 (February 26, 2013, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is does!  The "Sport" function makes the engine rev like a mofo, only issue I see so far, is it if fcuking THIRSTY (It eats petrol like a sonuvabitch), had it 3 days, done...maybe 100miles, spent £50 on fuel lol - Although, a lot of that has been stop/start driving helping my mum move house.  Not had a chance to really drive economically yet, but I am told it will do around 40mpg (atm the car is telling me I am doing 14.2 on average) - Fuel here is £1.42/Liter (UK) - So, shit gets real expensive real quick.

Oh, Found out today it came with factory fitted alarm...I put the dog in the boot, and locked the car to go get something from the house, next thing I know, alarm went off, scared the hell out of the poor dog, AND confused me cause I actually didn't know how the hell to turn it off lol.

Because interest rates are at a record low, we bought a 2013 Ford Taurus in November. It's the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned, though I've mainly had sports cars for the past 20 years.
 (see attachment in previous post)
As others note, the problem with car ownership is the cost -- of taxes, licensing, INSURANCE! (ripoff!), high cost of gas, tires, and yes, maintenance. Unless you have cash to burn, get the most reliable car you can afford, viz., a Honda, Toyota, or something else that's nice and boring. You'll thank yourself every month once it's paid off. Just make sure to take it in once a year and have it diagnosed and serviced.
-zridling (February 27, 2013, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

That car is freaking sexy.  That must be at least a 2.4iter engine under the hood there?

One of my first cars was a '63 Dodge Dart.
Ugliest car this side of hell! But it ran good and the heater worked.
In no particular order before I got married and had to straighten up.
'71 Ford LTD, '61 Ford Truck,
'67 Dodge Monaco-a giant of a boat
bought for $175, put a carb on it and ran fine
'69 Chevy Truck, '71 Ford Torino, '85 Ford Ranger
Here's a pick off that dart, mine did not look this good.
It was rusted so bad that if you went through a puddle,
water would come through the floor boards.
-cmpm (February 26, 2013, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

That car you have pictured, looks like one that people would pimp and low-ride and put wheels that are way too damn big for the car, with spinner rims and such :D

Renegade:
...INSURANCE! (ripoff!)...
--- End quote ---

I found out a little while ago that back where I'm from the insurance companies have written new laws that make insurance even more insanely expensive. "Ripoff" is putting it mildly.

cmpm:
we bought a 2013 Ford Taurus in November. It's the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned,
--- End quote ---

I can relate to that, I think I'm in love with my new car.  8)
I know used is a better buy, sometimes, but new is special.

Renegade:
I know used is a better buy, sometimes, but new is special.
-cmpm (February 28, 2013, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 and +1 ;D

A decent tune up and some work on a used car can make a WORLD of difference. Again, going to the better value thingy.

But yeah, it's nice to drive a new car that is fresh off the lot. Kind of seems like that whole thing about virginity and all that. (The sex metaphor MUST come into the discussion at some point -- we're talking about cars after all! :) ) Same thing goes for hopping off the gondola and hitting the slopes early in the morning and skiing on virgin snow - it's just so much nicer than compacted snow and granulated ice. New is always special.  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
We own a dark blue Ford Focus. Seems reliable, and it's comfortable to drive.

No need to post a picture. Just drive around for 5 minutes and you'll see two or three just like ours. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version