topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: can't set hotkey to ctl e  (Read 2687 times)

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
can't set hotkey to ctl e
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:10 AM »
I used to use jet screenshot, but switched to screenshot captor because I can easily make it put a thin black border around all my screen captures (yay!).  In jet screenshot I had specified ctl e as the hotkey to capture a region, but in screenshot captor I can't.  When I try to type in ctl e next to Capture selected region, in the preferences, a dialogue box pops up called "Save copy of image as."

I would prefer to use ctl e because my fingers are already trained to do that.

Thank you.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: can't set hotkey to ctl e
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11 AM »
Welcome to the site aparente  :up:

Hmm I see what you mean about Ctrl+E.. It seems that SC won't let you use any hotkeys that the program itself makes available for editing within the program (you can see the list of these in the Screenshot Captor menus).

Since these Screenshot Captor hotkeys are hardcoded, there is no easy way to make them available for binding to the hotkey for capturing.

May I suggest that Ctrl+E and basically any Ctrl+Letter key is probably not a great idea for using because its going to be commonly used in many programs and you don't want to use something so common?

Having said that, Screenshot Captor will soon be getting a new hotkey configuration dialog that will probably let you bind to Ctrl+E, so if you wait a month or so you'll probably be able to do what you want.

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: can't set hotkey to ctl e
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Thanks, I look forward to that.  I chose ctl e carefully because it didn't interfere with anything else I was doing, and it was working great for me.  Thanks for responding!