ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Chinese Cyberattacks

<< < (2/5) > >>

Renegade:
@Ren - it used to make me laugh too. Not so much any more.
-40hz (February 20, 2013, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've moved past the angry phase into the feigned apathy (in an almost classical sense) phase. Not really sure how to phrase that properly... Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It just helps me to be a bit more stoic and lean towards laughing at the insanity. It's like the Keystone Cops in real life.

Let's play a game of name that dude! :D

“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.”

“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”

"When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor."

40hz:
^ ok...i won't cheat and google...I'm guessing:

40hz answers 1. Johnny Lennon (may he rest in peace) :Thmbsup: (I actually knew this one!)

2. dunno

3. John again! (Remember this one too!)

So by logical deduction, (and figuring you probably found them all on the same book or web page) is #2 Mr. Lennon also? ;D

Renegade:
Well, 2 different pages, but yes. All the very same!

He can be so beautifully eloquent with insights that while they're often trivially true, at the same time they are deeply profound. I have to simply read them and not reflect too much, otherwise I'm often overwhelmed by them.

KynloStephen66515:
Google should randomly fake a fuck load of result pages, that they suspect them to be aiming for...Just basically confuse the shit out of the hackers with random "Government" websites, filled with pictures of cats.

40hz:
@Ren - Pity that the man himself, as a man, was not up to the same level as many of his insights. But that's what happens when you allow your frustration to get the better of you and turn to bitterness. Which was a shame in his case as he had so much to offer. He could have probably accomplished so much more if he could have contained some of his innate irascibility and his unfortunate tendency to indulge in sarcasm.

But that's also part of what made him what he was, so I guess you have to take the bad with the good when dealing with somebody as complex as he.

Either way, the world is a little sorrier a place now that he's gone. He meant well for the most part. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version