ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 3.28 aka 4.0RC Beta Test - Mar 17, 2013 - Feedback Wanted

<< < (13/58) > >>

cmpm:
I configured the program to display the main window after doing a "grab selected region".

Most of the times the main window displays just the captured image (which is the expected result) but in certain cases an area is already selected. Seems to be that it happens when I select a region which is not in the center of the screen but nearer to the edges.
-xcopy (February 24, 2013, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Found this one. In 'Post Capture Options' uncheck 'Auto Select Active Window'.

Ashers:
Hi mouser, there is a bug in this latest version that's been there for a while: The "Move to" list (in the menu "move to") can't cope with long folder locations.

It seems that if the location is longer than the number of characters shown in one line in the "move to folder" list dialog box (and so the folder name is displayed in two lines in this dialog box), then it ignores the second line of the folder name.  When you try to move to that long location, it does nothing (I guess because it can't find the truncated folder name).

See screenshot

mouser:
Thanks Ashers, good find!
Will be fixed in next update!

mouser:
New beta is up.  Should fix the latest problems, though the QuickCapture bar is temporarily non-functional while I improve it.

One thing has changed.  In the previous betas i had added a feature that would try to find a *CHILD* control region to select as the active area if it would have otherwise selected nothing and the option was enabled to select the active region (see cmpm post above).

That is, the "Auto Select Active Window" option was falling back to selecting an Active CONTROL of the active window if you just grabbed the active window.. I've changed this now to be an option, disabled by default, which you will find in the "Window Capturing 1" tab.  So if you liked that new feature, you can go enable it from there.

The only time that would really be useful is if you want to automatically select specific sub-regions of windows for performing effects on them (like making them glow, etc.).

Ashers:
Wow, you raise a bug, and in less than an hour, mouser releases a new version that fixes it.  That is FAST!  ;D

It now works fine.  Great job, as always, Mouser!  :Thmbsup:

One other thing - I recommend you add a horizontal scroll bar to that dialog now that you no longer word-wrap within it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version