topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to Price a Project - really nice article on doing contracting work  (Read 7195 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Really nice article on how to come up with a price for a contracting project.

Today we are going to break an unwritten rule for agencies, we are going to reveal an important page from our playbook on how we price a project. What is somewhat ironic is that we think it's a pretty bad rule, that one of the last things we think anyone should hide from a potential client is how your pricing works.

from lifehacker

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Very interesting indeed. I am in the middle of selecting a vendor for a web development project at my job and we've experienced a lot of what he talks about first-hand. One of the commenters notes that some of this info is not necessarily applicable (directly, at least) to overseas developers. We're dealing a lot with vendors from India, Russia, etc. because they offer tremendously lower dev costs and still good quality. But still a lot of the points made are important to consider. I just hope we end up making a good selection of vendor. :D

- Oshyan