ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera to move to webkit/chromium rendering engines

<< < (7/7)

allen:
I vowed never to try Chrome when I read that it couldn't be uninstalled w/o screwing up Windows.-longrun (March 26, 2013, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uninstalled and re-installed numerous times, no issues to report on XP, Vista, 7 or 8...
-Josh (March 27, 2013, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I've never heard/read that before now and it certainly hasn't been my experience.  I remember that being an issue with AOL but that was a very long time ago.

app103:
Yeah, I've never heard/read that before now and it certainly hasn't been my experience.  I remember that being an issue with AOL but that was a very long time ago.
-allen (March 28, 2013, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. But there is a lot of browser confusion out there, with so many browsers on the market.

And sometimes one even needs to remind people that Opera is...

Old screenshot of Opera configured to resemble the layout style of AOL, originally used to convince AOL users to try something else.

erikts:
Opera 15 preview released, Mail becomes separate product

One of the things that you may notice right away is that Opera decided to separate the Mail client M2 from the browser. If you have been using Opera Mail before, you need to download the separate product from the same website to continue using it.
--- End quote ---

allen:
Opera 15 preview released, Mail becomes separate product

One of the things that you may notice right away is that Opera decided to separate the Mail client M2 from the browser. If you have been using Opera Mail before, you need to download the separate product from the same website to continue using it.
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
-erikts (May 28, 2013, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dream come true... whatever happens to Opera, I've always wanted a standalone M2. I'm guessing html email uses presto?

panzer:
Beta version of Otter Browser (project aiming to recreate classic Opera (12.x) UI using Qt5) is out:
http://otter-browser.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version