ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

please help problem with FARR on Win8

(1/2) > >>

Skrell:
So it looks like FARR wants to use my USERS folder to store MyCustom\xxx.alias files rather than the normal FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\Mycustom  any idea WHY and how can i then point FARR back to the original location?

mouser:
Hi Skrell.

Ok by default on windows 7+8, FARR (and all of my apps) will store their config files in the user Documents folders (should be My Documents\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot\and so on).

It no longer legal for programs to store their files in the Program Files directory.

However, with FARR you can customize where you want the files to be stored by editing the ConfigDir.ini file inside the FARR program files directory.  Just remember you need to point it someplace that FARR has permission to write.

Let me know if that helps.

Skrell:
That explains a lot actually! Thank you and I will try what you suggest when i get home tonight!  Btw, i can honestly say FARR is my most used and trusted program! 

tomos:
Would the portable version use the FARR folder by default mouser?

mouser:
Would the portable version use the FARR folder by default mouser?
--- End quote ---

YES, if you download and run the portable version it comes with a ConfigDir.ini file that does exactly that -- tells farr to save everything in the current directory its running from.  Which means you better make sure you put it someplace where it has that permission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version