ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (21/34) > >>

wraith808:
Switching gears for a second, does anybody find movies that take place in subways or on trains (or in train stations) particularly enjoyable like I do? -40hz (March 13, 2013, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Check out that movie The Hunted with Christopher Lambert and John Lone.  They have a train scene that might cure you of that...  It's a good movie.  But that train scene was really intense...

Renegade:
I saw a Jean-Claude Van Damme flick - or maybe it was Stephen Segal - same stuff, different name ---- it was on a train. Pretty bad movie. Good for 14 year old boys though.

40hz:
^ For me it's not enough to have a train scene or have the train be just another locked room gimmick. It has to be an integral element to the story. Von Ryan's Express for example. Or  The Great Train Robbery. In those, the train introduced unique elements that much of the plot depended on.  

The subway fascinates me because I (along with a few equally daft friends) used to be an avid "abandoned," "lost" and "hidden places" explorer back in my college days. It was a very enjoyable hobby that made it almost too easy to get yourself arrested - or even killed. (You soon discovered that better than half those DANGER! KEEP OUT signs were put there for very good reasons.) Anybody stupid and ballsy enough to go crawling around in places you'd probably definitely be better off staying away from will understand what I'm saying here.  
 ;) 8) ;D :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I saw a Jean-Claude Van Damme flick - or maybe it was Stephen Segal - same stuff, different name ---- it was on a train. Pretty bad movie. Good for 14 year old boys though.
-Renegade (March 13, 2013, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory - Steven Seagal.  It was pretty much a retread of the first one, which was good, but unlike Bruce Willis' ability to take Die Hard to different territories, this was a failure.  Not bad to me, just not good, and with a sense of deja vu thrown in for good measure.

Good Steven Seagal movies: Under Siege, Above the Law, Hard to Kill.  Bad ones... just about everything else.  Though  will say that he seems to have become more in touch with nature, and has done a couple of ones that benefit causes.  They're just too preachy though, as most of those types are.

wraith808:
For me it's not enough to have a train scene or have the train be just another locked room gimmick. It has to be an integral element to the story. Von Ryan's Express for example. Or  The Great Train Robbery. In those, the train introduced unique elements that much of the plot depended on. 
-40hz (March 13, 2013, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure if the Hunted's scene will satisfy you in that regard, then.  True, it's not a locked room gimmick- it's a flowing scene in a Japanese Bullet Train.  You have to see it... it doesn't really lend itself to words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version