ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (14/34) > >>

wraith808:
Ooh... two more.  Didn't even know that I'd like them so much, but they are great movies.

What are your favorite movies?What are your favorite movies?

barney:
Very nice selection(s).  Haven't seen the Russell Crowe version, but loved the Audie Murphy version of 3:10 to Yuma.  Secondhand LIONS always feels like a guy's equivalent to a chick flick  ;D.  Somehow I missed Inkheart, but considering the cast, I need to find it  :huh:.  Very interesting assembly you've provided.

40hz:
@Wraith - good stuff! And you've got Dark City - one of my favorite sleeper sci-fi flicks!

I love it when they bring that film noir look to sci-fi like they did in The Thirteenth Floor. Which is also highly recommended.

Another good film is the odd indy picture Franklyn. Four lives intersect and interact in strange ways in this surprise movie that combines elements of steampunk and modern psychological drama. This is one movie that has a storyline I can safely say is not what you would expect. Highly recommended. :up:

Franklyn is easily one of the darkest and creepiest movie vigilantes since Rorschach (below) in Watchmen.

8)

kilele:
One of my favorite movies of the last year or two is Cry of the Owl -- the 2009 version with Paddy Considine. I just love it.
-mouser (March 04, 2013, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is really good, it reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Vertigo.
The same punch in the face the first time you watch them, with a twisted love story that involves deception.
Thanks guys for so many good recommendations.

wraith808:
@Wraith - good stuff! And you've got Dark City - one of my favorite sleeper sci-fi flicks!

I love it when they bring that film noir look to sci-fi like they did in The Thirteenth Floor. Which is also highly recommended.
-40hz (March 10, 2013, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looking up those two that you'd recommended, I came upon two others that I'd forgotten that I don't think are mentioned:

Both of those are real sleepers, and Strange Days is one that you really like, or you don't.  I don't think there's an in between on that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version