ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (12/34) > >>

40hz:
@Ren: LOL! And touché.  ;D ;D ;D :Thmbsup:

My rule: Easiest way to save $11 is to avoid any 'pre-sold franchise' movie with an installment numeral in its title.

The problem with Highlander is that the writers failed to realize that what often makes "unexplained things that go bump in the night" so entertaining is the fact they are (and probably should remain) unexplained. Nobody who genuinely enjoys a stage magic show - and would pay to see one -  ever really wants to know how the tricks were actually done. Same goes for most fantasy fans. As long as it's kept consistent, having an unexplained factor in the story is perfectly acceptable. Much as it is in 'real' life since we don't seem to know all the answers in this reality either.
 8)

Renegade:
@Ren: LOL! And touché.  ;D ;D ;D :Thmbsup:
-40hz (March 03, 2013, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought you'd find that entertaining~! :)

But seriously, +1 for what you had above.

There is a lot of material (movies, music, etc.) that I used to like, but don't, and others that I didn't like, but now do.

And since our tastes evolve - and at what stage in your life you find yourself liking it.
--- End quote ---

A keen insight that deserves some emphasis.

AndyM:
The Man from Earth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Just a guy telling a story (the setting and supporting characters are irrelevant).

But the guy is 14,000 years old and it's a great story.  Most entertaining.

40hz:
The Man from Earth

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Just a guy telling a story (the setting and supporting characters are irrelevant).

But the guy is 14,000 years old and it's a great story.  Most entertaining.
-AndyM (March 03, 2013, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

@AndyM - Thx for that recommendation. Looks very cool. Hopefully one of my streaming subscriptions carries it. If so, I'll watch it tonight. Otherwise I'll order the disc via Netflix. Almost like a more introspective version of some of the themes explored in K-Pax - which is also highly recommended. The always superb Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges (Dude!) absolutely nail their respective roles with this one.

If you've never seen K-Pax ...then watch it. If you already have - watch it again! It's a great film. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
The Man from Earth
-AndyM (March 03, 2013, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

yep, very cool movie, just pure conversation.  it's on netflix instant play by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version