ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (6/34) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Tron is arguably one of the seven-ish signature movies that defined my childhood, as an early example of what later came and passed as "cyber-punk". So much so, that about 7 years ago I got hold of a special rare Text-To-Speech engine that sounded at least "sorta-close" to the MCP. My inside joke was in some alternate timeline the MCP has been repaired with a "patch" and is now a literature professor that reads audio books!  

8)  

(The quality is far from perfect, but it's parsecs away from every other TTS engine I've heard that's racing to be as nondescript as vanilla pudding. If anyone really wants to have a giggle, maybe start a new thread and I can whip up a few phrases. It's a pity that the engine is discontinued with no plans of future developement though!)

40hz:
If anyone really wants to have a giggle, maybe start a new thread and I can whip up a few phrases. It's a pity that the engine is discontinued with no plans of future developement though!
-TaoPhoenix (February 13, 2013, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are several open source TTS projects you might want to look at if you're in the mood to play with  that and maybe make the effort a little more future-proof.

e:Speak and Festival come most readily to mind. But there are plenty more to explore if you do a search. More are listed here.
 8)

Attronarch:
I see there are a lot of SF lovers, yet no one mentioned two works that are among the best (if not the best):

Solaris

Stalker

These two movies are truly engaging, no "holding-your-hand-explaining-what-is-going-on" crap. Another favourite of mine is:

Valhalla Rising

40hz:
I see there are a lot of SF lovers, yet no one mentioned two works that are among the best (if not the best):

Solaris

-Attronarch (February 13, 2013, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you preferred the original Russian film to the 2002 Hollywood remake. Thought the way they handled  Kris Kelvin's wife (Hari/Rheya) was better in the Sov version too.

Edvard:
Haven't seen Old Boy, but that is the kind of movie I like.  My netflix free trial runs out in two weeks...  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version