ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Grab 50GB of Box Online Storage Free for Life (2013-02-12)

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Got it, and it can be synced on Linux by mounting via WebDAV:-Edvard (February 12, 2013, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been trying for the last 6 days to get my Centos 6 VPS to talk to Box via davfs.........that's about the first time I've seen https:// mentioned in the process.

Yes, it should have been obvious :-\

Back to the drawing board....

Edvard:
I just manually link and login as needed since I generally don't like to automount anything that resides on a server I don't own.
-40hz (February 13, 2013, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1  :Thmbsup:

If you don't want to autosync but just want to use your Box account as a network mounted share, this will show you how to set Box up in any Linux based file manager that has a "Connect to Server" option.
--- End quote ---

Gigolo does this on Xfce, but it has dependencies on gvfs, which has caused problems for me with Thunar, and the only fix was uninstalling gvfs.   Apparently, thunar has been fixed, so I'll be trying again.
EDIT: mounting normally with 'mount -t davfs https://www.box.com/dav /home/edvard/Box' works fine, but Gigolo mounting with davs://www.box.com/dav results in 301...  :-\
Maybe I'll just be content with manual mounting in a terminal, or whip up a shell script or maybe a GUI with Yad and call it good.

Rover:
Got it, and it can be synced on Linux by mounting via WebDAV:-Edvard (February 12, 2013, 10:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been trying for the last 6 days to get my Centos 6 VPS to talk to Box via davfs.........that's about the first time I've seen https:// mentioned in the process.

Yes, it should have been obvious :-\

Back to the drawing board....
-4wd (February 13, 2013, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have this working on Fedora.  How can I help?

What's the VPS part after Centos?

4wd:
I have this working on Fedora.  How can I help?-Rover (February 13, 2013, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks - you might live to regret it though  :(  :P

What's the VPS part after Centos?
--- End quote ---

Virtual Private Server, it's running a minimal install of CentOS 6 i386, (shell access only at this point), just enough to give me a AMPP setup atm.

I've installed davfs2 and neon but I'm currently getting the following:

/sbin/mount.davfs: can't open fuse device
/sbin/mount.davfs: trying coda kernel file system
/sbin/mount.davfs: no free coda device to mount

--- End quote ---

If it's any easier, I can load the VPS up with Fedora 14 or 17, (still trying to see which distro I like :) ).

leyonchung1:
I juts have signed up for 50GB account of Box.net. It is remarkably good and i wish i could get another one  :-* I have observed that in short span, many start-ups entered into the market and offering free online storage service. I use Dropbox and SugarSync to save all my data.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version