ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Adobe Flash Player - Update/Fix emergency security patch for 2013-02-08

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
I am becoming heartily sick and tired of Adobe and their blasted Flash utility.-IainB (February 09, 2013, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Me too; and tired of the constant treadmill of "updates," and assorted sites whining if you don't have the very latest installed.
-rjbull (February 10, 2013, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 and add Java to that list too. :Thmbsup:

tomos:
and tired of ... assorted sites whining if you don't have the very latest installed.
-rjbull (February 10, 2013, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

mind you that was how I found out about the latest update(s) - for which I was thankful.
If they're supposed to be important security updates, I'd have expected to find out a bit quicker from source.
-
I just checked and see I had changed flash settings to "allow Adobe to install updates"** but I still had to update manually a couple of days after this update was released :down:

**  possibly dangerous in view of their attempting to install third party software of late (chrome)

rjbull:
I thought Flash always tried to install an update checker that started with Windows?  I block it on my system - have enough things starting at once already...

tomos:
I thought Flash always tried to install an update checker that started with Windows?  I block it on my system - have enough things starting at once already...
-rjbull (February 11, 2013, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, I used get that
You can change the settings via control panel - choice is:

* automatic
* notify [on startup] 
* never
as said I'm using the automatic but cant really comment about it yet (I *think* I only changed it lately :-\ - been working on too many machines lately...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version