topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ScreenShot Capture question  (Read 5612 times)

BeehindBlueyes

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ScreenShot Capture question
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Hello. I am new here and I am glad I joined. There seems to be a lot of interesting info here.

I just download ScreenShot Capture and I have a question. It seems that this program has to be opened manually or in start up before I can use it. It's not like an add on to the browser where it's just there when you need it, so my question is, is there a way to put a shortcut on my browser to start the program when I need it?

Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScreenShot Capture question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Run screenshot captor, then go to the Preferences, and on the Startup Options tab check the box marked "Start with Windows" to have it always run when windows starts.

Also check the "Start Minimized" checkbox to have it start in your system tray.

Then you can leave Screenshot Captor running at all times.

And then whenever you want to take a screenshot just hit the PrtScr key.

BeehindBlueyes

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:21 PM »
Thanks Mouser.  I was thinking of not starting it up right away though, my computer takes long enough to start as it is.  But I guess it's better this way because now I can get rid of the add ons to my browsers for screen shots.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:10 PM »
welcome to the forum, BeehindBlueyes.  :up:

You make it sound as if you may prosper from a startup manager. Not that such will make your computer start any faster, but it will make certain that everything is being launched in a speed your computer can handle. You can then also add Screenshot Captor to the startup manager, and this way make sure it is ready when your Internet browser is opening.

BeehindBlueyes

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Thanks Curt :) Got any suggestions for a start up manager?
I usually go to msconfig and check out what is checked in there. But I am thinking that if I can delay some of the programs, like the screen capture, from starting up as soon as the computer starts, then maybe it will start up a bit faster. Will a start up manager do that? Let me pick what to start right away and what can start up after the computer is up and running?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:23 AM »
Got any suggestions for a start up manager?
-BeehindBlueyes (February 09, 2013, 11:32 PM)

-not now. Your requirements may differ from mine. If you search our forum thoroughly you can find several threads about startup managers and their pro & cons. But it has been a while, so data may be outdated by now.

I am thinking that if I can delay some of the programs, like the screen capture, from starting up as soon as the computer starts, then maybe it will start up a bit faster. Will a start up manager do that?

-no, it won't:

But to understand what a startup manager really is, you must first forget about the "Reduce Boot Times"-nonsense. A startup manager is about having control and stability, even if the price actually is longer boot times!

Good luck!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 10:11 AM »
I am thinking that if I can delay some of the programs, like the screen capture, from starting up as soon as the computer starts, then maybe it will start up a bit faster. Will a start up manager do that?

-no, it won't:

I thought there were a couple of (paid) start-up managers that delay startup software. Chameleon?
I've used the paid version of winpatrol to delay a couple of apps* - but havent really checked how good it is.

* I've a few apps there that I know I wont be using in the first five minutes at least.
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:15 PM »
-oh, sorry! Only now do I see how ambiguous my previous answer is. Yes, startup managers will certainly offer to delay this or that program. My "no" was about saving time. Startup managers really don't save you time, unless you tell it to delay several programs quite a lot, like tomos hinted.

Chameleon Startup Manager Pro is the one I use. Even today I upgraded to version 4 Beta.

katykaty

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:18 PM »
The free version of Winpatrol lets you delay startup applications.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28 AM »
The free version of Winpatrol lets you delay startup applications.
well, that sounds like a good deal all round :)

Winpatrol will also warn you of changes made to start menu etc - in case these could be unwanted. Free version has probably everything you need. I find it good :up:

http://www.winpatrol.com/
http://www.winpatrol.com/compare.html
Tom

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Has anyone compared WinPatrol FREE with StartEd Lite by any chance? WinPatrol seems more sophisticated at first sight(?)