ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Legitimate app breaks popular encryption - EFS, BitLocker, TrueCrypt ...

<< < (2/7) > >>

f0dder:
Yup. Nothing new here. Although I'm guessing some wannabe hackboys just might end up with their wallets or Paypal accounts being  $300 lighter if they don't do their homework before reaching for their plastic.
 8)-40hz (February 07, 2013, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
To be fair, the product is probably more targeted at government agencies - those tend to like high pricetags and support and all that kinda stuff :)

Stoic Joker:
Sory guys, I'm actually smiling about this. Encryption has long been spun as a magic bullet replacement for physical security to 'appologise' for people that can't keep track of their shit.

Oh deer... I left my laptop at the ___. What ever shall we do... Not to worry! It's [cue the super hero background music] Encryptified! Yeah!!!

Gag.

Perhaps this (is a good thing) will get people to start thinking seriously about the equally important other layers of security.

f0dder:
Oh deer... I left my laptop at the ___. What ever shall we do... Not to worry! It's [cue the super hero background music] Encryptified! Yeah!!!-Stoic Joker (February 07, 2013, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, as long as you either don't use hibernation, or you use full-disk/system-partition encryption (and don't have firewire ports), you're safe. (OK, I'm not 100% sure about pagefile, but the key should be kept in unpagable memory).

40hz:
Yup. Nothing new here. Although I'm guessing some wannabe hackboys just might end up with their wallets or Paypal accounts being  $300 lighter if they don't do their homework before reaching for their plastic.
 8)-40hz (February 07, 2013, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
To be fair, the product is probably more targeted at government agencies - those tend to like high pricetags and support and all that kinda stuff :)

-f0dder (February 07, 2013, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like I said: wannabe hackboys. ;D

40hz:
Perhaps this (is a good thing) will get people to start thinking seriously about the equally important other layers of security.
-Stoic Joker (February 07, 2013, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Systems people...they're so cute when they tell you their dreams... ;D

---------
P.S. I agree. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version