ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

remove pdf page parts completely

<< < (3/3)

kilele:
I have tested this on a couple of pdf files, but cannot see it working.  :(

-Curt (February 09, 2013, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? I wanted to give it a try next week. Could you try what the author does on this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOzh1ixHLa8

kalos:
I tested, it somehow "works", but not in the way I was expecting/wanting

it seems to treat pdf pages as photos and it crops them like that.

however, I want to treat them like doc files, where when you delete text or other blocks of data, all the below text moves up to fill the void

with pdfscissors you cant seem to be able to delete a part of a pdf page that doesn't expand to its full width and rearrange the left content automatically to fill the gap

dr_andus:
however, I want to treat them like doc files, where when you delete text or other blocks of data, all the below text moves up to fill the void
-kalos (February 19, 2013, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that what Nitro Pro does? (though I've never tried it myself) If you do this often, why not just scan the PDF in something like ABBYY FineReader and then convert it back into PDF?

kilele:
I think it just changes the visibility region to be rendered by a pdf file, useful to improve the zoom tool when reading pdfs on tablets/mobile devices.

kalos:
Isn't that what Nitro Pro does? (though I've never tried it myself) If you do this often, why not just scan the PDF in something like ABBYY FineReader and then convert it back into PDF?
-dr_andus (February 19, 2013, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

not quite:
http://screencast-o-matic.com/embed?sc=cInqbPV2iy&w=802&v=3

by the way, how do I add videos here?

If you do this often, why not just scan the PDF in something like ABBYY FineReader and then convert it back into PDF?
-dr_andus (February 19, 2013, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do this often and thus, such procedure wont be convenient
moreover, that procedure is too lossy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version