topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Microsoft Research app. "BLINK" - free for Windows Phone 8.  (Read 2621 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Microsoft Research app. "BLINK" - free for Windows Phone 8.
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:33 AM »
Smart burst capture technology.
Even my super-cheap refurbished Sony DSC-H55 Cyber-shot camera doesn't do this as a matter of course - you have to set it up in advance: (per p45 of the Handbook)
  • Shoots up to 100 images in succession when you press and hold down the shutter button.
  • The Burst mode is not available in Easy Shooting mode, Sweep, Panorama, Movie Mode, or smile shutter.

This feature could even persuade me to buy a Win8 Phone if I was in the market for a new tech phone (which I am not).
See Eyes wide open: New Microsoft Research photo app helps prevent missed shots.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Microsoft Research app. "BLINK" - free for Windows Phone 8.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:05 PM »
My Android phone can take photos in succession very quickly. Then again, I suppose that "very quickly" and "really fast" are imprecise, relative terms.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:49 PM »
My Android phone can take photos in succession very quickly. Then again, I suppose that "very quickly" and "really fast" are imprecise, relative terms.
Thanks. If it's burst technology similar to BLINK, then I want one please.
I didn't know this technology was already readily available in phones. I shall read up about that.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:49 PM »
Thanks. If it's burst technology similar to BLINK, then I want one please.
I didn't know this technology was already readily available in phones. I shall read up about that.

I'm not sure if it is special technology or not. I think this is it what I'm experiencing (emphasis mine):

Galaxy Nexus sports a high-end camera with zero shutter lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and a simple way to capture panoramic pictures.