ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Research app. "BLINK" - free for Windows Phone 8.

(1/1)

IainB:
Smart burst capture technology.
Even my super-cheap refurbished Sony DSC-H55 Cyber-shot camera doesn't do this as a matter of course - you have to set it up in advance: (per p45 of the Handbook)

* Shoots up to 100 images in succession when you press and hold down the shutter button.
* The Burst mode is not available in Easy Shooting mode, Sweep, Panorama, Movie Mode, or smile shutter.
This feature could even persuade me to buy a Win8 Phone if I was in the market for a new tech phone (which I am not).
See Eyes wide open: New Microsoft Research photo app helps prevent missed shots.

Deozaan:
My Android phone can take photos in succession very quickly. Then again, I suppose that "very quickly" and "really fast" are imprecise, relative terms.

IainB:
My Android phone can take photos in succession very quickly. Then again, I suppose that "very quickly" and "really fast" are imprecise, relative terms.
-Deozaan (February 06, 2013, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. If it's burst technology similar to BLINK, then I want one please.
I didn't know this technology was already readily available in phones. I shall read up about that.

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (February 06, 2013, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. If it's burst technology similar to BLINK, then I want one please.
I didn't know this technology was already readily available in phones. I shall read up about that.
-IainB (February 06, 2013, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if it is special technology or not. I think this is it what I'm experiencing (emphasis mine):

Galaxy Nexus sports a high-end camera with zero shutter lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and a simple way to capture panoramic pictures.-http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/unwrapping-ice-cream-sandwich-on-galaxy.html
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version