topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using the transparent property allowed for pdf pages to create a presentation  (Read 2727 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK, Many thanks to everyone on the helpful replies to my last request.  Especially that last one as it worked perfectly! (Skwire).

I have a situation where I need to do something with a pdf that I cannot find much information on other than the fact it exists.
Just like in CS5 and some other art programs, Adobe PDF's supposedly can be made with a background property of transparent.
I would like to be able to use this ability to stack multiple transparent overlays on top of on regular pdf that has normal black and white text.
Each of the overlays would need to be a separate file-name.pdf.  Each would need to allow only a single color for the text written on it.

The result would be an electronic version of an overlay book.  I need to keep it in pdf due to the (at least passable) security offered by pdf files.
I wish i knew of something better for security though.   I have talked to a place called lock-lizard but could not get any real feel for how much better
if any, their protection scheme might be.  So I guess a 2nd request would be for any kind of protection that can be placed on a document.  The intent is to prevent copying, printing, editing.  The usual stuff.  But it has to be put on a webpage so... not much I can do.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't think you need a coding snack for this so much as a PDF editor that can accomplish what you want.  Have you looked into any PDF editors out there?

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't think you need a coding snack for this so much as a PDF editor that can accomplish what you want.  Have you looked into any PDF editors out there?
Yep.  Acrobat Pro.  But the issue is my inability to understand the usage.  I can't seem to get the "clear" pdf's to stay clear.