ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Security Software Showdown!

(1/2) > >>

Tinman57:
  I know I saw another topic on this discussion but couldn't find it.  Probably buried in the archives.  It don't matter anyhow since this changes like every 6 months or so.  With that being said, let the fights discussions begin....

Security software showdown! 9 antivirus suites empirically tested
We tested security suites on PCs, tablets, and phones to evaluate how well they protect against viruses and other threats.
--- End quote ---

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2025949/security-software-showdown-9-antivirus-suites-empirically-tested.html

4wd:
Maybe it's just me but where's the link on that site that lists every AV product they tested?

Or did they only test nine of them?

Joe Hone:
My first thought always, and recently confirmed by the CNET abuse of editorial discretion, is can the rankings be trusted? Because I can websearch and find half a dozen other sites with recent reviews, different rankings, and some of the suites listed here won't be listed there and vice versa. Better to be a skeptic and hang out a sites like DC where you get recommendations from real users of real products. Having said that, I use AVG free and when I'm tooling around on Chrome I use a program like Webutation to warn me of risky sites. Haven't had any attacks since using this system.

f0dder:
My first thought always, and recently confirmed by the CNET abuse of editorial discretion, is can the rankings be trusted?-Joe Hone (February 01, 2013, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of course not - follow the money trail.

Renegade:
My first thought always, and recently confirmed by the CNET abuse of editorial discretion, is can the rankings be trusted?-Joe Hone (February 01, 2013, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of course not - follow the money trail.
-f0dder (February 02, 2013, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Their recent list of departures suggests that CNET has some integrity, but not enough to fend of CBS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version