ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mid-range DSLR Camera Recommendations

<< < (4/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
What about this?  ;D

-Mark0 (February 03, 2013, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey I want one! Be really good for astronomy, but you'd need a hell of a telescope to mount it!!!

tomos:
So, what did you go for Josh?

FWIW there's a new mini dslr from Canon due in April:
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D)
Preview here:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-sl1/canon-sl1A.HTM
~ $800 with kit lens

Renegade:
So, what did you go for Josh?
-tomos (March 23, 2013, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! Very curious here! :)

Lutz_:
Just one more very late opinion. If you are into sports photography or birding a DSLR is still required.  
If not, than DSLRs are outdated.  Mirrorless is the way to go.  Even there, the autofocus of the olympus and panasonic top models is almost, almost already equaling the phase detection based AF systems of DSLRs.
I would suggest to dump the annoying mirror, for usable autofocus in video, real live view, focus peaking, and much better portability, touchscreen UI, etc. There is no way I would want to go back to mirror flapping systems.  The sony alpha DSLT cameras (working with minolta and sony lenses; they have a non-moving mirror) is a great compromise, though for sports and birding like demands.
Sure, most people are still buying CaNikons DSLRs, because of the deeply ingrained image and their marketing big bucks - but innovation is happening elsewhere.  Please note that the mirrorless offerings from Canon and Nikon themselves are carefully designed so that they can't compete with DSLRs (thus they can't compete with the mirrorless systems from Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Fujifilm, or Samsung either).

tomos:
Mirrorless is the way to go.  Even there, the autofocus of the olympus and panasonic top models is almost, almost already equaling the phase detection based AF systems of DSLRs.
I would suggest to dump the annoying mirror, for usable autofocus in video, real live view, focus peaking, and much better portability, touchscreen UI, etc. There is no way I would want to go back to mirror flapping systems.  The sony alpha DSLT cameras (working with minolta and sony lenses; they have a non-moving mirror) is a great compromise, though for sports and birding like demands.
-Lutz_ (March 23, 2013, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
(my emphasis)

The Sony (Alpha) AR7 gets best camera 2013 from Imaging Resource's Best Cameras 2013 (dc link).
The Sony A7 shares second place with the Olympus E-M1.

Of course there are cheaper recommendations.
Thankfully ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version