ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Request: make freehand annotations

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
New alpha version up (same url), with better undo support, not just for freehand painting but for all object editing.
-mouser (February 12, 2013, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

first go here:
works very well :up:

couple minor things:

if I go to another image, the drawing work is not saved (I have that setting activated where it saves automatically when you click on another shot).
-
Hmmm after messing around and at least 8 trys it now saved when I clicked other file. It doesnt show changes on the thumbnail though [edit] does now after a bit more clicking over and back [/edit]. Also, I am unable to remove the writing. You say "you can save and come back to a file and clear or erase any freehand painting" - I dont see how (?)

not sure how many undo's it has - looks like 10.
If press Ctrl+Z more than 10 times, each extra click reduces the number of redos (even though the extra Ctrl+Z's are having no effect).
Example:
I make 20 marks
I press Ctrl+Z 15 times - 10 marks are removed
I press Ctrl+Y 15 times - only 5 marks are shown again - the first 5 press seem to get swallowed by the superfluous Ctrl+Z presses

(hope that makes sense)

mouser:
I'm troubled by your experience of it not saving or not showing in thumbnail.. it should.

As far "you can save and come back":
The freehand painting is saved on a separate layer.  If you do some freehand painting, save the file, then come back to it later, when you click on freehand paint tool again, you can click the button to erase all freehand painting from before, or use the Eraser mode to erase some and re-show the original.

tomos:
I had made a new portable install for this testing.
I restarted it and it saves the drawing every time now :up:
- but I cant get it to show in thumbnail at all - well I just tried restarting it again and that worked.

FWIW win7 64bit

> As far "you can save and come back":
ahh, that was obvious for me :) - I was trying with the object remove

tomos:
Okay, it's working now:
as said in previous post - the drawing showed in thumbnails after restarting.
I then used the eraser and the thumbnail updated as expected.

I then worked on another screenshot and thumbnail showed correctly when saved.

I'm not sure if that's simply from the restart or from the editing (prob the restart but what would I know).

mouser:
Thanks for all the testing and reporting tomos!  :up:

New version up (same url); added a flood fill mode to freehand painting -- note that it floods within freehand paint lines only -- it doesn't pay any attention to contents of screenshot image.

The flood fill mode can be useful for two purposes:

* First, it can be useful to draw a freehand box or circle around some area and then fill it with an interior color (like Yellow); especially useful when using transparency or PaintMode Multiply which lets black text shine through.
* Second, it can be a quick way to change the color or existing freehand painting.
Example:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version