ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a minimalist Desktop Calendar Application..

<< < (6/10) > >>

rgdot:
The installer for Desktop iCalendar Lite is NASTY.
-app103 (January 31, 2013, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the warning. As recently as last October this wasn't the case.

kilele:
Would anyone help me to make this calendar application ? preferably someone newbie or who has not programmed in years like me  :P
I have in mind something like what Mouser described, like classiccalendar with some features of coolendar (mostly the email warning using gmail). I'm very intrigued about the capabilities to make multiplatform apps of the language Haxe. So the idea is to make an HTML5 webapp and try to compile it with haxe to other platforms.
The final application would be published as GPL and donations would go to support this site.

Joe Hone:
I downloaded Classic Calendar and it works with XP and Win7. It is a nice, simple program and is what I've been looking for to calendar work appointments.

cmpm:
What's nice about VueMinder is the ability to add hyperlinks and shortcuts to files on my computer.
Maybe some of these others can do that as well, I don't know.

Anyway, if you could add that ability, mouser, that would be cool.
Or maybe to open Notepad or choice of word processor designated,
when clicking on a date. That would more workable then a small box, I think.

I don't have VueMinder running all the time, only when I need it.

dr_andus:
I downloaded Classic Calendar and it works with XP and Win7. It is a nice, simple program and is what I've been looking for to calendar work appointments.
-Joe Hone (February 12, 2013, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. Seems perfect for planning, recording and tracking the daily tasks for a specific project, which you don't want to get mixed up with all your other calendars and projects. A bit like a local version of iDoneThis, except also used for planning the day, not just recording it at the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version