ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Homeland Security: Disable UPnP

<< < (5/6) > >>

f0dder:
So I wrote Agnitum, because:

So what can you do in the meantime? Just keep that firewall up once and for all against UPnP traffic.-ZDNet
--- End quote ---

We've survived UPnP until now, maybe all this is not extremely urgent...
I hope for an answer no later than Monday.-Curt (February 01, 2013, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
1) the threat isn't attacks against your computer, it's attacks against various other devices.
2) (totally unrelated to this story, but good general security practice) don't forward UPnP traffic from your router to your LAN.

app103:
The other network protocol based eyesore that I'm waiting to see ripped apart is Bonjour. Because it's basically self exploiting by design - New device appears on the wire...Bonjour responds with ~hi~~Here's all my stuff...wanna hook up?
-Stoic Joker (February 01, 2013, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

You mean that misc. crap that gets installed by iTunes, without asking if the user wants it? I considered it malware just based on that, and removed it from my daughter's computer.  ;D

kyrathaba:
Here was my result using rapid7's ScanNow program:

f0dder:
Here was my result using rapid7's ScanNow program:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-kyrathaba (February 02, 2013, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same counts I got when scanning my LAN IP range - and zero hits at all when scanning my WAN. Is your router 192.168.1.121? Slightly odd address for that?

kyrathaba:
Is your router 192.168.1.121? Slightly odd address for that?
--- End quote ---

I thought that odd too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version