ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Piece for my Son (and Daughter-in-Law)'s Wedding

<< < (2/2)

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks guys: I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides  :o   (or are we soft touches?  ;)  )

I'm now working on my third son's wedding piece, which will actually be printed and manufactured, although along a similar theme: but at least once it's at the printers I wont have performance issues to worry about  ;)

I think I'm going to have to go for a walk when these are done: just to clear my head!

cranioscopical:
@Perry
I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides
--- End quote ---
Indeed, but I'm talking about funding for the next generation  ;D

wraith808:
Thanks guys: I'm not sure when the world changed Chris, but the grooms parents now pay just as much as the brides  :o   (or are we soft touches?  ;)  )
-Perry Mowbray (January 28, 2013, 09:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, not soft touches.  Just already concerned about your daughter-in-law and her family, in my estimation. ;)  And great work!  Very beautiful! :)

Perry Mowbray:
You are right (and I wasn't serious)... but I still find the change concerning as it's like reducing the size of the can of Baked Beans but keeping the price the same.

I was also shocked, or maybe 'confronted' is better, by the "Wedding Industry"... how can we let this level of materialism happen? You mention wedding and instantly zeros are added to the price... and the poor couple are emotionally blackmailed with phrases like "your special day".

Thankfully our kids got strong heads (from somewhere?): Keren's reception ended up $50 something a head (which I think is extremely reasonable, even if we are paying  ;) )  Goodness only know what it'll be like for their kids (maybe Chris is right and we should start saving now? ;) ) ...which reminds me I've just about finished The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better, which is one of the better books I've ever (nearly) read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version