ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I did not realize how bad Google has become

<< < (3/3)

Fred Nerd:
Do you also use Web Of Trust?
The really nice site that tells you what is safe, THEN 'accidentally' blacklists a site and charges a lot to try to get reviewed and off the list.

I hate it when I see it recommended

Tinman57:
Do you also use Web Of Trust?
The really nice site that tells you what is safe, THEN 'accidentally' blacklists a site and charges a lot to try to get reviewed and off the list.

I hate it when I see it recommended -Fred Nerd (January 30, 2013, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't say I've ever used that one, but I have heard about it long ago.

IainB:
Re Google's reported "Do no evil" slogan.
I happened to be watching some old episodes of The Outer Limits. There is one episode - The Inheritors (Parts I and II) - where some alien-genetically modified humans with super-power brains have built themselves a spaceship to return to "their" planet, along with a selection of rejected, unwanted, unloved and disabled human children who face prospects of a short/unhappy life on earth. These "human-aliens" have good intentions and repeatedly you hear the phrase "We must do no harm", and indeed they haven't done any harm, nor committed any crime.

I wonder whether the Google Executive really consider themselves so bound, or indeed whether they consider themselves to be - or actually are - similarly motivated "human-aliens".     :o

zridling:
G+'s "social search" results only appear among your ordinary search page results if you check that option in your account settings. It's not turned on by default, and even though I follow thousands of people, it's still rare to see anyone appear there.

J-Mac:
I don’t see any such setting for G+ in Google Search Settings. Are you talking about G+ settings? Or Google Account settings?

Unless you are looking at the Google Instant check off; that's not to control G+ - just the Google Instant crap.

Either way I don’t see the G+ results because I use the GM script GoogleMonkeyR, which removes all that I don’t wish to see, as well as disables the Google tracking.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version