ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Headset recommendations

<< < (5/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Since they enclose the ears, some people complain about comfort, but I never had a problem with them- they seem large enough that I don't know how anyone could complain, but I figured I'd give you that caveat.
-wraith808 (January 29, 2013, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find earbuds are extremely painful to use after even relatively short periods (30+ min), and on-ear headphones are uncomfortable. It's the over-ear headphones that I find are nicer to use, especially for prolonged periods. -Renegade (January 30, 2013, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried earbuds (painful!) on-ear headphones (painful!) and even the ones that hang on top of the ear and are on-ear (painful in multiple places!) I've found that circumaural headphones (like what wraith was talking about) are the most comfortable to me. They are large enough that my ears go inside, and padded enough that the part that rests against my head/face isn't irritated.

Jibz:
I'm currently using SteelSeries Siberia v2, which have fairly good sound and also work for music. The only complaint I might have is that they can be slightly hot when you use them for extended periods of time. It replaced my old Creative Fatal1ty headset, which was awful.

I've heard praise of the more expensive of the Sennheiser headsets as well.

If you want to be able to listen to music, and play games where you want to actually be able to tell where sounds come from, and if you use voice chat and don't want to sound like you're talking through a tin can and a long string, then don't buy the really cheap headsets :Thmbsup:.

IainB:
I've tried earbuds (painful!) on-ear headphones (painful!) and even the ones that hang on top of the ear and are on-ear (painful in multiple places!) I've found that circumaural headphones (like what wraith was talking about) are the most comfortable to me. They are large enough that my ears go inside, and padded enough that the part that rests against my head/face isn't irritated.
-Deozaan (January 31, 2013, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, same here. I found these one of the the most comfortable circumaural headphones I had ever tried: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review

wraith808:
The only complaint I might have is that they can be slightly hot when you use them for extended periods of time.
-Jibz (January 31, 2013, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

When/if you get another set, look for open-ear rather than closed ear.  The trade off is that it doesn't isolate you, i.e. you can hear sounds from outside.

superboyac:
Man...I recently found a totally awesome list someone had put together of headphones, their prices, their relative quality.  It had hundreds of current headphones on it, one of these crazy forum guys  :Thmbsup:.  If I find it, I'll post it.  i swear I bookmarked it somewhere...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version