ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Headset recommendations

<< < (3/7) > >>

wraith808:
Have you had a look at this?: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review
Not sure what the local price might be currently - wherever you live.-IainB (January 28, 2013, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, I'd seen this, but I didn't particularly want wireless (OK, I wouldn't mind, but I don't really want the hassle of another battery powered device), and they retail here for about $165.

That might be reasonable, but it's a bit beyond what my budget (and my conscience!!) can run to
-Target (January 28, 2013, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

They have a lesser cost wired version also (G35).  Although I sprung for the wireless and my experience has been similar to IanB's- and you can make it wired by leaving the USB plug in.

tomos:
They have a lesser cost wired version also (G35).
-wraith808 (January 29, 2013, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

was checking that and it appears to have a design flaw that the wireless one doesnt:
amazon.com review + comments

Target:
--- End quote ---

was checking that and it appears to have a design flaw that the wireless one doesnt:
-tomos (January 29, 2013, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

they also have one other (significant) flaw in that they have been discontinued (else I probably would have just bought a pair 8))

wraith808:
--- End quote ---

-tomos (January 29, 2013, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh wow... good on you for checking!  Sorry, I didn't know about that.  The ones I used before this worked well for me also... Plantronics GameCom 780.  I would still be using them if not for the fact that I decided to go wireless.  Since they enclose the ears, some people complain about comfort, but I never had a problem with them- they seem large enough that I don't know how anyone could complain, but I figured I'd give you that caveat.

they also have one other (significant) flaw in that they have been discontinued (else I probably would have just bought a pair 8))
-Target (January 29, 2013, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have they been?  I still see them on the Logitech site.  They usually take discontinued items down pretty quickly...  they show as out of stock, but not discontinued.

Target:
Plantronics GameCom 780.  I would still be using them if not for the fact that I decided to go wireless.  Since they enclose the ears, some people complain about comfort, but I never had a problem with them- they seem large enough that I don't know how anyone could complain, but I figured I'd give you that caveat.-wraith808 (January 29, 2013, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had been looking at these as well - they seem to get a fair rep, but I stumble on the plantronics part (they make lots of solid comm's accessories, but audio gear?)

Have they been?  I still see them on the Logitech site.  They usually take discontinued items down pretty quickly...  they show as out of stock, but not discontinued.
-wraith808 (January 29, 2013, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

could be my bad - none of the 'local' suppliers appear to have any, nor do they appear to be expecting fresh stock.  Discontinued was a logical conclusion(ohhh, I see where I went wrong ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version