ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Headset recommendations

<< < (2/7) > >>

Target:
Have you had a look at this?: Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 - Mini-Review
Not sure what the local price might be currently - wherever you live.-IainB (January 28, 2013, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, I'd seen this, but I didn't particularly want wireless (OK, I wouldn't mind, but I don't really want the hassle of another battery powered device), and they retail here for about $165.

That might be reasonable, but it's a bit beyond what my budget (and my conscience!!) can run to

40hz:
I've been extremely happy with pretty much any headphone made by Sennheiser. They make a quality product. And they're (IMO) reasonably priced. :Thmbsup:

Target:
I've been extremely happy with pretty much any headphone made by Sennheiser. They make a quality product. And they're (IMO) reasonably priced. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (January 28, 2013, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

likewise I believe AKG and audio technica

trouble is there are almost too many choices, and unfortunately they've also become a fashionable accessory (I'm amazed at how many people I see walking around wearing $300 beats headphones) so any decision has to be based on independent (HA!) reviews, or feedback from other users.  At some point the whole process becomes arbitrary and you end up just picking something (anything!!)...

those $15 specials are starting to look attractive again :-\

Renegade:
I have AKG headphones, and they're spectacular. K 240 MKII. But they have no mic. Still, AKG make some very good products.

(Sennheiser as well - some great stuff from them, but they can be pricey.)

However, I'm still thinking that Microsoft or Logitech are really about the best for price and effectiveness. Sure, you could shell out a truckload of cash for this or that, but really, there's that sweet spot where you get good quality at a good price, and anything better starts to cause you to bleed. I think Microsoft and Logitech have that sweet spot pretty much covered.

I've been very surprised at the high quality of some relatively cheap equipment. I've spent a small fortune on audio gear, and wouldn't do it again as there's little point to it anymore.

Target:
for my purposes a mic isn't strictly necessary - I don't play online as I don't have the bandwidth, and LAN days are generally small enough that we can (and do) just shout at each other

As you say it's very hard to pick the sweet spot on the cost/benefit curve (monster cables anyone?), and unfortunately I can't afford to just keep buying stuff till I find something I like (would that I could!)

FWIW these seem to be well regarded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version