ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

2013 Version: Browser Wars

<< < (13/23) > >>

mouser:
Very interesting development.  I suppose it was inevitable.

mitzevo:
I tried to use Opera in the past (desktop) but couldn't stick with it, it annoyed me actually.. Fair well, Opera! Can't say the same for Chromium.. it's blazing fast, minimal, actually works, etc. Although I'm not too keen on the big brother aspect of things (if there were to be!)?

f0dder:
Hm, what is their Raison d'ĂȘtre going to be, then?

And what about their pretty huge datacenter investment that had the purpose of processing websites to serve in the special (binary html ish) format for their mobile browsers? Lost investment?

While I haven't been fond of Opera in the last many years, it's a bit sad that there's one less browser engine out there, one less team to help influence the html spec. One step closer to WebKit being the new iE6? :)

Too bad if their old HTML engine is going to be discarded. Probably no chance of them open-sourcing it.

Renegade:
 :'(

I use Opera on my desktop and mobile devices.

Unhappy day.  :'(

rgdot:
Sites like Amazon didn't render or work properly and with pretty much zero interest to correct it. I hate to take the bigger business side of things but with their market share and real standard elements not working/rendering like the rest of (98% or so) the web, this was coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version