topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Microsoft 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack  (Read 7132 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Microsoft 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Requires Steam to activate, but this is a great deal!

Microsoft 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack - $9.99

1. DEADLIGHT
2. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
3. Iron Brigade
4. Mark of the Ninja
5. Toy Soldiers

I have DEADLIGHT and Mark of the Ninja on Steam, and Toy Soldiers and Iron Brigade on XBox... they're great.  And it's worth 9.99 for DEADLIGHT or Mark of the Ninja alone.  Not sure how long this is valid for.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Microsoft 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Worth it for deadlight alone!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Purchased.  Thanks for the heads up.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:42 PM »
great deal, especially with mark of the ninja! :up:

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35 AM »
If someone sees Gears of War with good prize, please give me a note. 50$ is insane :(

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52 AM »
For PC?

http://marketplace.x...00-9115-d8044d530842

$19.99.  Quit looking on Amazon. ;)

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:35 PM »
http://marketplace.x...00-9115-d8044d530842
Offer is "region locked" - not even showing up when I log in into my account.
This is why I've been looking for it anywhere. I even saw it on Ebay for outrageous 70£ once.

I  had bought my copy for about 7$ three years ago with a lot of luck and have been looking for another one since (for co-op).

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Oh wow... sorry, man.  I was surprised that you hadn't seen that... now I see why.  Other than on GFWL, I don't think MS is really supporting it in the sales chain, so I don't think that things are going to get better for you :(

Can you gift things on GFWL?  If so, I'll gift it to you... haven't tried before, but I know that's how we get around it on Steam...

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:13 PM »
Can you gift things on GFWL?  If so, I'll gift it to you... haven't tried before, but I know that's how we get around it on Steam...
Dunno.
I rarely use GFWL - it is as crappy as hell for PC. And I did lost one account due to transfer issues, when they had announced that it is available in Poland quite a while ago.

Well, I can live without new purchase because I have my own copy. It's only sad because I wanted to co-op on PC with my brother, just like with many other games we like.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:37 PM »
I see a lot of people say that, i.e. "I rarely use GFWL - it is as crappy as hell for PC."  I haven't had any problems with it, and when I question, no one has been able to tell me exactly *what*.  I had problems initially, but didn't have the latest version installed.  Haven't had any problems since that initial install, and I love the fact that it's hooked to my xbox.  What kind of problems have you had?  Just curious...

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 03:56 PM »
@wraith808
I think this threat should be split up but…

I don't own much games on this platform but I recall few sample scenarios I had problems with:

1. For a long while there was no support for Poland and I was using UK account I had created when I was staying in London. When it was announced that Poland is finally OK I created Polish account for myself. There was no account transfer procedure these days so I had two of them. Sadly, it quickly appeared that many games I have (bought in Poland) were not handled by Polish account. They were "not supported in my region". BS I say: it was "normal" to go to shop in Poland, buy game and see it is not handled at all on Polish account. When transfer option arrived I moved my UK account - it had more games. Since joining two profiles is not possible I had to abandon poor one. I could have it but fun thing is: they both were created for the same email address and MS support was not able to even help me to log in into "first PL" one….

2. Many times in the past I had issues with WL client updates. Everything was working fine, an update and crashes after that. Each time I had to re-install their client application. After that: all my saves are flying away. Last time it happened: I almost finished Batman. Oh! And stupid crap is: if you play off-line, your savegames will be deleted first time you go live.

3. DLCs are joke. For many games GFWL shows I have them downloaded and installed but they cannot be reached from within games (i.e. Dead Rising 2). Or in-game manager says nothing is available but everything is working fine during gameplay (i.e. Fable 3). I know it may be issue with specific games but sometimes client says nothing exists but game sees it.

4. Although Lost Planet 2 works darn good on co-op, Gears (with UK friend) - too, some titles (Fable 3, Dead Rising 2) are laugh in face with serious connectivity issues or non-achievable achievements (Fable 3).

5. Voice support is bad, so bad that I always have to use Skype for it. GFWL client's voice quality feels like listening to vinyl music next to jackhammer in traffic jam.

6. I am still using WinXP and I wonder how long it is until an update for "Vista up only" comes.

This rant is PC-only. Only Xbox experience I have is split-screen co-op in Gears of War 2 - seemed OK for friend.
I am not sure about "premium only online play" rumours though.

I have about hundred games on Steam and few of them are troublesome for me (i.e. neither Portal 2 nor Saints Row 3 work on my home PC) but it is GFWL for which I felt more furious.

Stats: for ~100 games on Steam I have problems with about 10. For almost 10 GFWL titles - 5 problematic. Ratio is not helpful.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:03 PM by fenixproductions »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Thanks!  I know it wasn't really on topic for the thread... but I was just curious, more than wanting to necessarily discuss it.  I've heard GFWL getting a bad rap, but I never understood why :)

chrisa52

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Just purchased, great deal, thanks for the tip!
It's Later Than You Think.