ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Google ad test

<< < (9/11) > >>

app103:
I think viglink or skimlinks are much better ads compared to Google ads. Atleast you get relevant ads compared to Google adsense. Also the viglink and skimlinks don't have the banner ads. See if that works here.
-mahesh2k (May 02, 2013, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

We knew from the start that we did not want to become involved in affiliate sales and commissions. It would compromise the role of our forum as an open place to debate and discuss opinions about the best free and commercial software, and it wasn't the way we wanted to raise money. -mouser https://www.donationcoder.com/Articles/One/index.html#part42
--- End quote ---

It also makes everybody's posts look like turkey spam.

It's not regular spam. It pretends to be healthier, but it's still spam!

mahesh2k:
It's not regular spam. It pretends to be healthier, but it's still spam!
--- End quote ---

:P

Oh well, back to CPM ads :D

mouser:
FYI:

Thanks to App's prodding, I have added a Project Wonderful ad slot to the test for this month (May 2013).  I do appreciate the transparency of Project Wonderful and setting it up was pretty easy.

We'll probably get rid of all ads at the end of the month, but until then, if you want to have your own ad shown on DC, just go to this page and you can bid to have your ad shown on the DonationCoder.com site.

app103:
FYI:

Thanks to App's prodding, I have added a Project Wonderful ad slot to the test for this month (May 2013).  I do appreciate the transparency of Project Wonderful and setting it up was pretty easy.

We'll probably get rid of all ads at the end of the month, but until then, if you want to have your own ad shown on DC, just go to this page and you can bid to have your ad shown on the DonationCoder.com site.
-mouser (May 09, 2013, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

And my ad gets to be the first one!   8)

mouser:
ps. I wrote a very long post summarizing my thoughts about advertising on the website and about Project Wonderful in particular: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=34904

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version