ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Google ad test

<< < (8/11) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Broadly, I kinda feel that ads are still so "20th century".

Give us a nice playable game that yes, Features the Product, but then that's the point, no more psychological warfare with what the ad is for! Just to list the screaming example, Mouser, precisely what brand of car is that? Then contact the company and see if you can get a little bit of Co-Branding deal!

After all, to abuse all the old 50's slogans, "If it's Good Enough For Cody, It's Good Enough For Me!"
:Thmbsup:

So while I wouldn't ask (but would giggle at!) anyone to do it for real, let's hold at least a Thought Experiment Contest (with bonus something!) for a game made specifically to be an Ad, up front and on purpose, but playable as a game in the best sense y'all as Developers can make it! P.S. Never underestimate the power of Viral Cult Classics! (Suggested programming tip - structurally lay out the Ad Space, but leave it blank with a little melodramatic overselling Your Brand Here as the proof of concept that we can submit in stage 1 when we contact the companies.)  My theory is it's the same little games that are fun for five hours are in fact also easy to program, and because they are so small, that's what makes them candidates for Silly Viral Gold. Bonus points if you can get Cameo Permission from a 2nd or 3rd rate former viral star! In a retro-looked game I'll always have a soft spot for Numa Numa Guy!

Then I would be willing to make at least a couple of calls to see if I can find an adventurous company to chip in a small deal just to show that "outside their multi million dollar campaigns, they are modern enough to have a little fun with their brand, upon reasonable proof that it's not slander". (For example, to avoid simple cranky flamebait jokes at their expense.)

For example, while of course 30 years too old to be playable, Nintendo once had a hand held game where you had to keep the bottles in a bottle factory going without dropping them. In general I can see Coca Cola all over that one, upon a submitted copy to show that it's just a game, branded however they like, etc.

Car Companies might be picky with ultra AAA levels of gameplay for their cars, but I could see for example John Deere having fun with a branded version of a Dig Dug clone. (Who wants speed out of a backhauler? Geek-racing aside. It's just a backhauler. It digs. Go Go Dig Dug.)

Stoic Joker:
Now ^that's^ an interesting idea! Players could then stop at various points to watch an xSec "commercial" to gain life/energy for continued game play.

TaoPhoenix:
Now ^that's^ an interesting idea! Players could then stop at various points to watch an xSec "commercial" to gain life/energy for continued game play.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2013, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, see now you're getting it! Instead of spending cash for benefits which I know annoys people, they can just watch ads! Hehe marketer's dream!

"Mr. CEO, this consumer sat and watched our ads for SEVENTEEN HOURS!!"
(CEO goes)
  :tellme:

TaoPhoenix:

I also like "Demand Draw" ads - consider for example all our random advice to each other! So then work backwards, contact those companies, and inquire about ad campaigns that *inform*!

You could have a list of "supported products/companies" and then you click your desired ad!

So basically "push ads" are so passe!  8)

mahesh2k:
I think viglink or skimlinks are much better ads compared to Google ads. Atleast you get relevant ads compared to Google adsense. Also the viglink and skimlinks don't have the banner ads. See if that works here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version