ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Great Messages in Software

<< < (3/5) > >>

app103:
The old Sam Spade application contained a feature where it would display a Tip of the Day on startup. It was mostly a glossary of acronyms and terms, with a sprinkling of net etiquette rules and geeky quotes, but this one, in fake German, was my favorite:

Renegade:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! ;D

Thank for you sharing! :D

Keep 'em coming people~! This is hilarious~! :D

I had a piece of freeware along time ago that I didn't have time to write any "Help" for. But, I had a nice little Help menu item. When you clicked it, you got a message:

This is not the help you are looking for. Move along...

Got lambasted in a review for that... Someone didn't take kindly to it, but most likely because they didn't get the reference. Ah well. Win some, lose some. :D

tomos:
@ app ;D

I was testing something in Win 8 lately for Pierre of InfoQube. The html pane in IQ wasnt editable in 8. I had to run an ocxdhtml.exe and see if I could edit/add text in it's window.

I dont know anything about the executable, but it seemed to be quite intelligent -
I wrote some gibberish to test if it worked, and clicked close and got this message:
-----------------------
This pies of crap has been changed
Do you really want to save it?
---------------------

kfitting:
I've seen a message box (popup) at work that said (paraphrased): "Java Lang Error: {error code stuff} This message should never be put on the stack."

wraith808:
I had a bad one that I forgot when I first started programming.  It was an app for colleges, which made it that much worse, but I was gone, which made it better.  I did learn from it, however.  It was when I was first learning, less is more and fail fast- a hard thing to get my mind around.  So in one of my pseudo exception handlers (you know- checking for null when it shouldn't ever *be* null, etc., so it won't generate an exception instead of handling the exception- yeah, stupid), I put the code in there while I was testing:

--- Code: Text ---if VarIsStr(Value) and (Length(VarToStr(v)) <> 0) thenbegin  ...endelsebegin  // Remove before release  ShowMessage('I fscked this up');end;
So, predictably, when something else was changed, it fell into the condition that it should never fall into.  Someone that I knew that still worked there called me about that... it had reached the humorous point by that time, but still, I learned a lesson from that... (and am very happy that I used fsck...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version