ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Great Messages in Software

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
Everyone's seem some of those fun 404 messages, so when I got a password change email from StackExchange, I figured I'd pass it on for others to get a laugh:

The password to your Stack Exchange account has been changed.
(If you didn't do this, you should be worried.)

--- End quote ---

;D

IainB:
True-life story from the days of computer teletype consoles:
A client was being shown around the computer-room (DEC PDP 15/30 mini) of a computer bureau one nightshift, when his job was being loaded into the computer.
The computer operator was a bit tired when he typed in the "Run" command for the job, as the client looked over his shoulder.
Teletype console: "Job too large to fit in memory."

The computer operator typed in the "Run" command for the job again.
Teletype console: "Job still too large to fit in memory."

Teletype console: "This job is just too big to fit in memory."

Teletype console: "It's too F***ing big! - as the actress said to the bishop."

Renegade:
^^ @Iain - BWAHAHAHAHAAHAAA~! That was hysterical~! :D Love it! :D

Tuxman:
Back in the Nineties, there was some "copy machine" application around on Windows systems. It basically simulated a copy machine's interface and used the attached scanners and printers to perform the job.

It had one weird toolbar button.
When you pressed it, a message window popped up: "This is a Not-Function". (In German, though: "Dies ist eine Nichtfunktion".)

:huh:

Tinman57:
It had one weird toolbar button.
When you pressed it, a message window popped up: "This is a Not-Function". (In German, though: "Dies ist eine Nichtfunktion".) :huh: -Tuxman (January 27, 2013, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got an app that has a button with a strange symbol on it, and when pressed a window pops up that says "This don't do anything.....YET!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version