ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NASA OOPS!

<< < (6/7) > >>

crabby3:
The image was obviously Photoshopped, but not to add that single object, but remove all the others.  ;)

It would have looked a lot more like this, if they had not cleaned it up:

(see attachment in previous post)

-app103 (January 27, 2013, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... this was more my mental picture of the space-crap out there.    ;D   I guess there's no economical way to coax some of this stuff back home?

crabby3:
This looks like an Alian Cotton-Ball Attack   :o ;D

crabby3:
I could see it being that.

Thermal tiles are black in color, and one that cracked could produce a triangular piece that in zero-G would simply float away slowly enough to be photographed.

Some theories advanced earlier by a community of spacefans is that it was part of the Hubble telescope that had been discarded, but although there was a STS-61 mission with that task it was not marked as STS-61C.
-SeraphimLabs (January 26, 2013, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

All thermal tiles, AKA "Heat Shields" are white, at least all the ones I've dealt with in "Skunk Works" and the Space Shuttle.  After re-entry they're slightly blackened with soot, but still white in color as seen here.  This piece of tile, among many other parts that landed around my house, came from the Columbia shuttle crash.
 (see attachment in previous post)
  As far as the SR-91 Aurora, it's way slimmer than what's in the picture.
-Tinman57 (January 26, 2013, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You care to share where this pic came from Tinman57?  Looks like a piece of Styrofoam to me.   ;D   And what's that white shaft to the right of it?   :tellme:

Tinman57:
The image was obviously Photoshopped, but not to add that single object, but remove all the others.  ;)

It would have looked a lot more like this, if they had not cleaned it up: -app103 (January 27, 2013, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like there's a bunch of empty vodka bottles floating around.  Now we know what the Russians do with their empties...  :D

Tinman57:
You care to share where this pic came from Tinman57?  Looks like a piece of Styrofoam to me.   ;D   And what's that white shaft to the right of it?   :tellme: -crabby3 (January 27, 2013, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

The picture came from my Olympus Camedia C-4000 digital camera, taken in my side yard.  And yes, the tiles do look just like styrofoam, and not much heavier.  The shaft to the right of it is an electrical post for electric fencing.  I posted them by all the debris I found around my house and property as markers so the NASA folks could see where all the debris were when they came out to my place to retrieve them all.
  I had a shitload of people here from NASA, FBI, Sheriffs Dept., FAA, Air Force, Constables and "others" that I couldn't identify.  My wolves were having a hissy fit over all the people around.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version