ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MISSING images or pics ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
I occasionally do. Usually caused by one of the following:

* Poster forgot to attach the image to the post.
* Poster used another site to host and hotlinked the image and the image was deleted later on.
* Poster messed up the code to insert the image.
* My pc lost connection to the internet before the image could be loaded.
* I have images turned off in my browser and forgot to turn them back on. (this would affect all images on all sites, not just here)

crabby3:
I occasionally do. Usually caused by one of the following:

* Poster forgot to attach the image to the post.
* Poster used another site to host and hotlinked the image and the image was deleted later on.
* Poster messed up the code to insert the image.
* My pc lost connection to the internet before the image could be loaded.
* I have images turned off in my browser and forgot to turn them back on. (this would affect all images on all sites, not just here)-app103 (January 25, 2013, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Today it seems maybe it was my browser?  I went to include this DC link - Reply #91 and it's there... a YouTube video.  Couldn't tell what it was yesterday.  There was just a blank white box with a slashed-O in the upper left-hand corner.   :huh:   Is there a name for this slashed-O thingy when it's displayed like this?

Tinman57:
There was just a blank white box with a slashed-O in the upper left-hand corner.   :huh:   Is there a name for this slashed-O thingy when it's displayed like this?-crabby3 (January 25, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
  That's just the "Template" to show that the image couldn't be displayed at the time.

app103:
Today it seems maybe it was my browser?  I went to include this DC link - Reply #91 and it's there... a YouTube video.
-crabby3 (January 25, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Youtube videos are flash, not images. Maybe you are having some sort of issue with your flash plugin?

Tinman57:
Today it seems maybe it was my browser?  I went to include this DC link - Reply #91 and it's there... a YouTube video.
-crabby3 (January 25, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Youtube videos are flash, not images. Maybe you are having some sort of issue with your flash plugin? -app103 (January 26, 2013, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
  On the right side of the YouTube pages, all of the selections for the videos are .jpg images.  You click on them and it takes you to the actual .flv video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version