ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The end of FreewareBB

(1/4) > >>

Joe Hone:
http://www.freewarebb.com/

Perhaps the site wasn't of great interest to DC members but I often found useful little programs browsing through the categories or reading recent reviews. Marko seemed to be carrying the load alone and his announcement is a bit of a downer - you can sense his fatigue in the words he writes. Honorable of him to refund the $1 anyone spent for a "verified membership" for one year. All the best to him in his next endeavor.

Renegade:
Ouch. That's painful. I kind of understand where he's coming from though. I've shut down sites before, and will be shutting down a couple more. It's never fun, and especially when it's a larger ongoing effort, heartbreaking.

mouser:
It's always a loss when an independent site like that dissapears.

40hz:
Out of curiosity, where does that news come from?

If you go to their site, there isn't any mention of them shutting down. Nada. Zip.

A google search doesn't flag anything about it - except here.

The end of FreewareBB

I asked my GF to register right now and she was able to do so without a problem.

There was a post from alt.comp.freeware that mentioned it (by 1 author with 1 post) - but I don't put too much faith in that source.

So...what's the story? :huh:

rgdot:
The message was there when I checked earlier (close to OP's post) but now the site seems alive and normal  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version