ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Requesting a comic book editor

<< < (2/3) > >>

fdwojo:
Wow, that sounds like it would do just what I'm looking for. I'm off to try it folks!  If you don't hear from me, I'm either very happy with this solution (very likely) or else you guys have just gotten me addicted to your wonderfulness of solving requests.

------------------------------------

Okay, I tried it out. It's like a combined file explorer and comic book viewer. There's only one problem: It does indeed let me view the images, but I cannot delete them inside the CB? files. In effect, it's just a viewer, not an editor. I still would be faced with doing all the steps I mentioned above.

Well, thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll keep looking and hoping.

And apparently you posted your last thoughts as I was downloading, trying out, and then writing about it.

4wd:
Yep, my bad, because it could view the contents of archives I assumed it would operate on them as most other file managers do.

However, I have found one that works quite well you need a web browser and SilverLight installed.

ComicTool

Comic Tool feature:

* Zooming
* CBZ/CBR support
* Drag file from local machine support
* Editing/Saving
*  - Delete Pages
*  - Add/Reorder Pages?
*  - Save edited comics as PDF
*  - Save viewed file with no changes
* Keyboard Shortcuts
* Translation Viewing (via ComicInfo schema with embedded SVG to display foreign languages)
* OOB Support on Windows and OS X
--- End quote ---

You can view the pages and then right-click->Delete page and when you're finished, right-click->Export CBZ

Requesting a comic book editor

He mentions having to fix CBZ export on the website but it seemed to work OK for the limited test I did.  Also, there's nothing to stop you from running this from your web server, (if you have one), then as long as the computer you're using has SilverLight you can run it from anywhere.

Addendum to that, he runs it on his server also, so you have an online editor available now here.

fdwojo:
Okay, I tried it out. As a side note (not that I mentioned it before), but I must say that I have never liked online tools because of how long it can take, not to mention needing an internet connection. I was hoping from your writeup that online was optional as well as local view/editing. But, not.

Anyway, I tried it out with a typical CBZ file and I tried it again with a CBR file.  I went thru the process of opening, picked out a few images and deleted them and then the moment of truth: I tried to export to CBZ and boom, it failed. Admittedly, I don't want to export to PDF. What with the errors and all, it seems to sadly not to be an option.

I also did some searching for other tools. I found a tool called CBXShell, but it only shows how many files, but not the ability to view/edit/delete.

Once again, I guess I'm still looking.  Thank you for your efforts though.

4wd:
Okay, I tried it out. As a side note (not that I mentioned it before), but I must say that I have never liked online tools because of how long it can take, not to mention needing an internet connection. I was hoping from your writeup that online was optional as well as local view/editing. But, not.-fdwojo (January 24, 2013, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

To run locally: download the archive, extract and open the index.html in your browser.

Anyway, I tried it out with a typical CBZ file and I tried it again with a CBR file.  I went thru the process of opening, picked out a few images and deleted them and then the moment of truth: I tried to export to CBZ and boom, it failed.
--- End quote ---

Any chance of a link to the CBZ you used?

panzer:
Try these:
http://www.cdisplay.me/
http://www.cdisplayex.com/
http://wfpbookreader.codeplex.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version