ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

switch black and white in tiff files

<< < (3/3)

IainB:
@eleman: If your .tif/.tiff image file contains an image of white text on a black background, and you want it reversed, then I would suggest that you might consider turning the image into a negative (e.g., using irfanview or similar), which can then be saved as an image of black text on a white background.
That's what I have usually done in the past anyway.

You can print/output such image files as PDF files, and OCR them in the process, so you will have them as text-searchable and text copyable PDF files, which might be handy for searching/reading on a PCscreen, and could be easily printed as black-on-white hardcopy.

...I need to print them...
-eleman (January 23, 2013, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
However, I have to ask: Why do you need to print them in hardcopy?
It does seem a backwards step.

Some alternatives:

* 1. Windows 7 search/index: If the .tif/.tiff files were output from document scans, then whether the text is black on white or white on black should make little difference to an OCR scan. If you have any .tif/.tiff files on disk in Windows 7 (Home Premium), and if they are in a Library that the inbuilt index/search service has been assigned to watch, then the files will be automatically OCR scanned, and and any text in the images will be indexed and becomes text-searchable (but not text-copyable) - e.g., from the Start menu Search all programs and files.

* 2. Google Drive: If you put the .tif/.tiff files into Google Drive, then the files will be automatically OCR scanned, and any text content will be indexed and made text-searchable and text-copyable. I use that facility all the time in Gdrive, and it seems to work very well.

* 3. Qiqqa: If you output the image files as .PDF files, and if they were not OCR scanned, (or even if they were) then you could use the FREE version of the reference management system Qiqqa, which can automatically OCR scan PDF image files, and outputs indexed text-searchable and text-copyable PDF files. It is a superb information management tool.
Hope this helps or is useful.

eleman:
...I need to print them...
-eleman (January 23, 2013, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
However, I have to ask: Why do you need to print them in hardcopy?
It does seem a backwards step.
-IainB (January 24, 2013, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Court business. The documents must be printed and placed in dockets. And I will not attempt to reform Turkish civil procedure code at this time. Maybe later.

IainB:
Court business. The documents must be printed and placed in dockets. And I will not attempt to reform Turkish civil procedure code at this time. Maybe later.
-eleman (January 24, 2013, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I should have known.    :(
No matter, I suggested some potentially useful options for getting what you need, with no extra cost or coding required, so you can probably get your B-on-W hardcopy no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version