ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PicPick vs FastStone Capture vs Screenshot Captor vs Jet Screenshot

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
This one deserves a bit more widespread visibility:

dottech shootout:

[Windows] Best free screenshot program — PicPick vs FastStone Capture vs Screenshot Captor vs Jet Screenshot

Screenshot Captor gets 'first honorable mention'
-tomos (January 22, 2013, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

xtabber:
While PicPick is rated 1st, FastStone 2nd and Screenshot Captor 1st honorable mention, note is made that all three are similarly capable, so the ranking boils down mostly to personal preference about the interface.

It should be noted that PicPick is only free for personal (home) use, and that the "Freeware version may include third-party (sponsored) advertisements." according to the developer's website.  Also, FastStone Capture is no longer free, so even though the last freeware version can still be downloaded from the dottech web site, updates will not be available for free.

Josh:
I have paid for, and continue to use, FastStone Capture. It is the EASIEST to use and has all of the features I need with very little clutter. Scrolling capture works beautifully with two clicks (click the scrolling cap button or hit the hotkey combo, select area to capture and bam...done). I love movie mode for short "How to videos". I paid 20 bucks for it, once, about 4 years ago and have never regretted it. The features seem to flow very intuitively and make me productive rather quickly. Great tool!

Tinman57:
  I've used several screenshot programs over the years, but once I discovered ScreenShotCapture I blew away the other ones and haven't looked back since....

Jibz:
I have paid for, and continue to use, FastStone Capture. It is the EASIEST to use and has all of the features I need with very little clutter.-Josh (January 22, 2013, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had the same experience.

I am surprised Greenshot isn't mentioned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version