ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Random question for all you Doconians!

(1/1)

KynloStephen66515:
I was just sitting here, thinking about work, then it made me wonder...

Do any of you guys work from home (like...not your own business...)

If so, what do you do, and how did you get the role?

A look around the google brought up very little that looked legit for things like Incoming Call Agent and such...so...do they even exist, if so, where do you even find jobs like this?!

Renegade:
I do work for other businesses? Does that count? :P :D

40hz:
Are you more looking to work from home with your existing employer (if any); or were you primarily interested in securing new employment that allows "remote worker" arrangements?

I've done the first. When I decided to "work from home" for a 'new' employer, I started a business and hired myself. ;D

wraith808:
I work from home (at times), and could probably at this point do it permanently given enough justification, as many people where I work do it.  And I think it really depends on the employer; it took a while for them to get to this point, and a couple of the reasons were certain key people moving, and the fact that they have offices overseas, so one location just wasn't a viable argument anymore.

Of course, it also depends on the infrastructure and whether it will securely support remote work, and their IT department.  Not big technical hurdles to cross, but if they're not already in place, that business hurdle can be insurmountable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version