topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Possible Solution to: Some Firefox Addons Using an Undesired Language  (Read 1762 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Recently I noticed that a number of installed Firefox addons were using a language different from what they used to.  The language I had been expecting was some kind of English, but what was being used was some non-English language.  Investigating a bit, came across:

how can I force addons to be displayed in English?

This sounded similar to the situation here and there didn't seem to be a solution mentioned that didn't involve a fair bit of reinstalling and reconfiguring.

Tried removing addons one by one and eventually discovered that disabling (or removing) a version of the Pencil addon seemed to fix things.

So perhaps selective addon-disabling/removal is a potentially helpful approach...

For the record, had manually installed the seemingly problematic addon via an .xpi, so perhaps I had that coming as (at the moment anyway) there doesn't appear to be a version compatible with the version of FF here:

Not available for Firefox 18.0

via https://addons.mozil...irefox/addon/pencil/