ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Disable Win+V in Windows 8

(1/2) > >>

phitsc:
I've been using Win+V to activate Paste in ClipX. Unfortunately, with Windows 8 Win+V is used for something else (by Windows itself). But since it's something I don't need, I'd rather disable the functionality for Windows and keep using it for ClipX. Anyone knows if this is possible and how to do it?

Carol Haynes:
Google isn't your friend on this one - I couldn't find any way to change Win 8 default keyboard shortcuts.

Rijul Ahuja:
Use AutoHotkey or AutoIt.

f0dder:
Use AutoHotkey or AutoIt.-Rijul Ahuja (January 17, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
That has worked for me in the past to get control of Win+whatever shortcuts.

While I understand that Win+SingleLetter are reserved for Microsoft, it would still be nice of them if they had a place where you could enable/disable those built-in hotkeys at will.

phitsc:
It's especially annoying since with Windows 8 they now use so many of the Win+SingleLetters, and for stuff which I really don't care about. The fact that applications like Visual Studio and applications with similar complexity have basically used up the whole alphabet for shortcut keys further complicate the matter :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version