topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:53 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IJG released ne libjpeg 9 library with lossless JPEG compression better than PNG  (Read 5158 times)

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi DoCos,

in case you missed that:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Libjpeg-9-improves-lossless-JPEG-compression-1783311.html

Libjpeg 9 improves lossless JPEG compression

The Independent JPEG Group (IJG) at the German Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI) has released a new version of the libjpeg library. The developers say it can compress photos in JPEG format in a lossless way and, apparently, libjpeg 9 outputs lossless JPEG files that are smaller than the equivalent PNG file of the same image

Better than PNG AND lossless, nice! But what about alpha channel/transparency? Hmmmm...!  :-\

Greetings
JoTo

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Crap! Why, if i want to modify my post, the subject is offered as a textbox, but cannot be changed/corrected? It's read only! :( I missed a "w" at "new" in my subject :( Sorry guys but you got the idea. :)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
if i want to modify my post, the subject is offered as a textbox, but cannot be changed/corrected?
Browser issue? I'm used to be able to edit the entire message, including the subject :-\
Edit: Hm, this might be a forum permission issue, can't change the subject of this message either :o

JoTo

• Super Honorary
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Ath,

thanks for proofing me NOT being too dumb. :) And thanks for your effort to test.

Greetings
JoTo

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Look Look I changed the Title :p
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Do you think is this going to be implementable in regular .jpg .jpeg files?

if so, wonder how long it'll take...
Tom

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Crap! Why, if i want to modify my post, the subject is offered as a textbox, but cannot be changed/corrected? It's read only! :( I missed a "w" at "new" in my subject :( Sorry guys but you got the idea. :)

Perhaps you reached the char limit?  :tellme: