ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Name 1 Technological Feature That You Think Is Good

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
Now, that's pretty broad, but it can be anything in technology from software, to hardware to basic physics underlying a cool technology (say why there).

One thing that I find is pretty good is the way YouTube only loads enough of a video to buffer a few seconds (maybe tens of seconds) of a video and then lets you watch.

It saves bandwidth for them and you.

Now, it is a double-edged sword, as you can't just load a video then come back to it and seek through the video, but overall, I think it's a great compromise for speed, bandwidth, and viewer experience.

Giampy:
Name 1 Technological Feature That You Think Is Good-Renegade (January 13, 2013, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Do you refer to the last few years only or there is not a limit of time?

Giampy:
Laser eye surgery.
Thanks to it I have succeeded in getting rid of glasses, a very torture tool for me.

Renegade:
Name 1 Technological Feature That You Think Is Good-Renegade (January 13, 2013, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Do you refer to the last few years only or there is not a limit of time?
-Giampy (January 13, 2013, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, hopefully more recent, but if there's a good reason for something older, why not?

Renegade:
Laser eye surgery.
Thanks to it I have succeeded in getting rid of glasses, a very torture tool for me.
-Giampy (January 13, 2013, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's something that I should think about... Good one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version