ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

which is the most advanced pdf editor?

<< < (4/7) > >>

tomos:
I do need to create a draft layout that wont be published anyway, so I might try it, thanks :up: -tomos (January 13, 2013, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

-of course there is also the 'free' Adobe InCopy / InDesign CS2...

http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=466357-Curt (January 14, 2013, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, hadnt thought of that yet (believe it or not)

Curt:
I wonder how Scribus would do...-tomos (January 14, 2013, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

-mixed...
Scribus was not able to properly read any of my homemade pdf files. It would open them, but not show any content. These were made with various Pdf desktop 'creators", like Nitro. On the other hand Scribus was doing very fine with a Pdf file created by Wikipedia. Even though the document was written in Danish, it was almost 100% right, and ready for editing. Wow!

Scribus comes in many languages, incl. Danish.

I was somewhat surprised by what you didn't tell, tomos! But maybe your post was made a few hours before Scribes announced version 1.42 later the same day. It has a new engine, so now they also offer a genuine 64-bit version :-)

Edit:
Near-reading the fore-mentioned Scribus version of a Wikipedia Pdf file, I now realize that every "active" (Wikipedia linked) word is missing!
 :(

Curt:
just got this in an email:

http://newsletters.wondershare.com/pdf-editor/201301/

PDF Editor v2.0 + OCR Plug-in

$89.95 Now $44.97

An Ultrafast PDF Editor You Can Afford !

Enables you to edit PDF text, images, and objects, add comments, merge, or split PDF files effortlessly and effectively.

Edit PDFs Exactly like a Word Processor.
   Convert to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Epub (Exclusive)
   Edit or Convert Scanned PDFs (Only available in OCR plug-in)
   Merge, split and extract PDF pages with ease
   Add comments, annotations and more in PDFs
-Wondershare
--- End quote ---

It should be noted that many people don't trust Wondershare too much.

tomos:
Thanks Curt for the Scribus update and testing. In fairness it's not designed as an editor of files created by others.
But then that's the problem with the PDF format in general - it's simply not designed to be re-edited at all.

Have you tried Illustrator as an editor as Renegade suggests? (or anything else from the 'suite')

Curt:
-I only installed Photoshop. Well, at first I also installed Acrobat Pro 8, but it didn't run well, so I removed it and decided not to install the suite. But just typing this is making me think I should install it! I think my main reason for not having done so yet is, that I haven't checked out what Illustrator really is, so I don't know what I am missing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version