Haven't tried Security Monitor Pro just yet. Been working with IP Camera Viewer. Of the three (3) cams, two (2) of 'em set up just fine, as long as they were cabled. Third cam did not, apparently (no mfg or model). But when I tried its IP in a browser (Firefox) it works just fine. However, that, too, is cabled. So now the project becomes dependent upon finding guidelines for wi-fi setup. Well, the IP Camera Viewer process, anyway. Still others to try.
Just a point of information regarding Win8. I installed Win8 Pro Upgrade on one of the laptops yesterday - about six (6) hours, but a significant part of that time was uninstalling a few files that were incompatible with Win8. And a significant part of that
time was finding a way to remove DisplayLink drivers - a real PITA. Anyway, the point is that Win8 Pro is fully installed, works just fine.
When I try to activate the cabled cam in IE10, it wants an OCX file. Win8 won't let it load - it just cycles back and forth between notification that the installation is blocked and a UAC permission block. It's locked into an endless loop - well, at least seventeen (17) cycles that I counted
. However the cam loads fine in Firefox on Win8.
Oh, it just doesn't load in IE9 on Win7 Ultimate, offers no option whatsoever. W/O knowing the OCX name ahead of time
, there's no simple way to counter this. Had to kill IE9 with Task Manager, but can't find it yet in Win8.
Every other browser I've tried, on both OSes has worked just fine for the wired cam.
Well, that's progress as of 2013.01.19.
- no 30 -